STP Summer camp updates
Thank you all for your prayers as we have navigated through our ability to host summer camps at STP this year. Before you look through our summer camp offerings, please note:
- STP has developed safety initiatives that are flexible within recommendations by NCDHHS.
- STP camps are limited in size (10-15 students), which is half of our regular camp capacity.
- STP will only allow one camp to meet at a time in designated areas of the building and will clean between camps.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
All STP Camp families must comply with the following protocols to create a safe camp environment this summer. These protocols may change as local, state, and CDC guidelines are revised.
- STP camp staff and volunteers will sign off on health screening questions each day.
- Parents will be asked to sign off on health screening questions about campers each day. Parents are expected to check camper’s temperature each day, before bringing them to camp. Per NCDHHS guidelines, fever is determined by a thermometer reading of 100.4 or higher.
- Social Distancing will be an important part of this year’s camp. Because we are arts based, facial expressions are important, and masks make this difficult. Our staff and volunteers will work hard at keeping campers 6 feet apart. Campers will receive a bandana to wear during transitions when social distancing cannot be maintained. Likewise, STP staff and volunteers will use a mask or bandana when social distancing cannot be maintained. If preferred, campers may provide their own mask.
- STP Campers and staff will engage in increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizer upon arrival, departure, before and after eating, before and after bathroom use, and between activities.
SAFE CAMP PARTICIPATION STANDARDS
STP requires staff and campers to meet health screening criteria to ensure a safe camp experience. Please review the requirements below to ensure that your child is eligible to participate in STP Summer Camps before registering and prior to attending.
Eligible to Participate
- No symptoms of COVID-19.
- No travel to/from high-risk areas as defined by the CDC.
- No travel by airplane, train, or cruise ship within the past 14 days.
- No prolonged contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Ineligible to Participate
- Currently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Living in a household with someone diagnosed with, showing symptoms of, or confirmed exposure to COVID-19.
- Traveled to/from high-risk areas as defined by the CDC.
- Traveled by airplane, train, or cruise ship within the past 14 days.
CAMP ATTENDANCE AND COMMUNICATION
- Campers who show any sign of illness or fever during the camp day will need to be picked up immediately. Siblings will also be required to leave camp for the day.
- STP will inform parents if another camper in their child’s group is showing symptoms of COVID-19 and camp will close for the remainder of the week.
- STP will inform parents if another camper in their child’s group has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and all subsequent camps will be canceled.
CAMP FINANCIAL POLICY
- This year, in addition to serving as a ministry opportunity, STP summer camps are helping us make up a small portion of lost ticket sales in the Spring of 2020.
- Camp Registration Fees are non-refundable. Tuition, under most circumstances, is also non-refundable. Tuition will only be refunded, by written request, in the following scenarios:
- Your camper or a family member is exhibiting COVID -19 symptoms or has had a known exposure to someone with COVID-19 before camp begins. Written refund requests must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the first day of their scheduled camp.
- If STP must cancel camp for any reason, a 100% refund may be requested. Written refund requests must be submitted within 48 hours of the announced camp closure.
- Written refund requests should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STP is excited to provide a positive camp experience for your child this summer! It is our desire to minister to your families as safely as possible. We appreciate your prayer, patience, and graciousness as we have adjusted our summer camp programming. We ask that you continue to be flexible as we run camps with health and safety standards as a top priority. Please contact us if you have any questions.
SUMMER CAMPS 2020
June 22-26, 2020
- 9 am -12 pm ART Camp with Courtney Sanford (ages 8-12)
- 1 pm – 4 pm – Acting Afternoon Camp with Meg Hanna (ages 12-16)
June 29 – July 3, 2020
- 9 am – 12 pm – Dance Camp with Shannon Snover (ages 7-12)
- 1 pm – 4 pm – Acting Afternoon Camp with Meg Hanna (ages 12-16)
July 6-10, 2020
- 9 am – 12 pm – Go, Go Jonah Production Camp with Wendy Boone (ages 7-12)
July 13-17, 2020
- 1 pm – 4 pm – The Storytellin’ Man Production Camp with Audrey Hanna (ages 7-12)
August 10-14, 2020
- 9 am – 12 pm – Holy Moses! Production Camp with Wendy Boone (ages 7-12)
- $25 registration fee
- $100 per camp
- For Art Camp: $15 art materials fee
- NOTE: If you pay via Credit Card/PayPal, a small fee will be added to cover the fees PayPal charges us.
8-12 Art Camp: Practice drawing and painting skills, get creative with mixed media compositions and experiment with 3-dimensional creations. We will cover all the elements of design from line to color, texture, and pattern. Expect to get messy and have fun!
Dance Camp: Make new friends and have fun building coordination and confidence through dance. In tap, we will practice basic footwork and learn rhythmic patterns and terminology. Jazz class will include, stretches, strengthening, and combinations. Musical Theater will be a class of creative expression, games, and silly skits. Wear comfortable clothes and get ready to move! Dance footwear is optional.
Acting Afternoon Camp: Want to dive deeper into the craft of acting? Join Meg to learn more about stage presence, diction, character development, range, stakes, and many more great skills through fun acting warm-ups and exercises. Whether you are a beginner or looking to brush up on your skills, this camp is the perfect way to spend a hot, summer afternoon!
Holy Moses! Production Camp: Join the cast of “Trading Places” at a Hebrew home and an Egyptian palace where Page Turner, Hildi Vine, Frank Incense and Ty Kwando assist kids in discovering the story of Moses. But there is no redesigning history in this musical as kids learn about the plagues, the Passover, the Exodus and the Ten Commandments through clever lyrics and memorable music. As in his own life, the emphasis of this musical isn’t on Moses, but the God of Moses — the Great I AM! Performance during last hour of camp on Friday (11 am OR 3 pm).
Go, Go Jonah Camp: Based on the Book of Jonah, this delightful, missions-minded musical is ideal for summer performances. Through the experiences of Jonah, children ages 7-12 will learn the importance of obeying God and the consequences of failing to do so. The musical also teaches that God is always there and that we are to love one another as He loves us. Performance during last hour of camp on Friday (11 am OR 3 pm).
Storytellin’ Man Production Camp: Spend a week exploring the parables of Jesus, the greatest storyteller ever known! There will be music, choreography, and acting opportunities for ages 7-12. Explore God’s love for us through the simplicity of the gospels. Performance during last hour of camp on Friday (11 am OR 3 pm).